Wedding vendors working togeher is best for everyone!

Thursday, September 23, 2010 , Posted by Bandstand Music Inc at 9:43 AM

I have been lucky enough to have been a participant in the Wedding industry since 1988. During that time I have had the good fortune to work with some fantastic people who also provide wedding services. From photographers to florists it seems I have worked with everyone. One of the elements to a successful reception is for all the vendors to work together and help each other out when needed... we are simply talking about professional courtesy. We owe this to the bride and groom because after all we are all there because of them.

Every once in a while, though rare, I do run into other wedding vendors that do not see things in this way. And in an environment in which we are all referring each other those particular vendors are doing themselves and their clients a disservice. At a recent reception I was told by the reception venue that I would have to pay $20.00 for a table to set up my equipment on. This has never happened in my 22 years of being a DJ and quite honestly I thought the venue was kidding. All I had on me was $11.00 cash. I was told that if I couldn't pay right there and then that they would have to charge the Bride and Groom. I was not going to let this happen so my only alternative was to set up on the floor. Although it was awkward and looked weird the reception went great.

I am by no means blogging this to complain and that is why I will not post the name of the venue. This is simply an opportunity to remind wedding vendors of the importance of working together. After all, it's all about providing our Brides and Grooms with a wonderful day and if we can help each other do this we will all succeed.

P.S. If you know the name of this venue please do not post it as this is not the point of this blog post.

Steve Bergeron
www.bandstandmusic.com
www.bandstandmusic.blogspot.com
www.weddingreceptionsecretsrevealed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment