A sad day...

Thursday, March 3, 2011 , Posted by Bandstand Music Inc at 1:11 AM

I was shocked and saddened by the passing of Glenda Epperson on Monday of this week.

About ten years ago I met Glenda Epperson. She was a driven and a no holds barred woman with an incredible ambition. That ambition was to see that Omaha and Council Bluffs had the best Bridal Show that our area had to offer.
Ten years ago after my eager encouragement Glenda joined the Omaha Party Mix group. We were a group of wedding and party vendors that dedicated our resources to making memorable events for our clients. Glenda eagerly joined and had one of the grandest booths in our Bridal Show. It was held at the Scoular Building that winter in Omaha. Her booth was spectacular. It was clear that we had gained a valuable member in our organization.
Upon tear down after the show I found myself alone with Glenda in the cargo elevator as we loaded out. There were hundreds of pieces of chewed gum that had been stuck to the wall of the elevator and I commented to Glenda about how gross the wads of chewed stuck on gum was. In the blink of an eye Glenda snatched one of the chewed pieces of gum off the dirty elevator wall and stuck it in her mouth and started to chew. I was not only grossed out but I was dumbfounded and curious at the same time. I'll never forget what Glenda said to me as she chewed the unknown wad of used gum. She said, "life is about taking chances... you never know what flavor lies underneath the surface".
It was that spirit and attitude that made Glenda the wedding icon that she was in Omaha Nebraska.
She quickly went on a mission to create the biggest and best Bridal Show Omaha had ever seen. For the last 5 years I have been honored to share the stage with Glenda and her beautiful daughter Karissa during these grand shows. Glenda's Bridal Shows not only brought in thousands of people every year but the shows entertained, gave more than expected, and left Brides wanting more.
Her spirit will always be a part of me.
Glenda then took the bull by the horns and was the founding member of Omaha Chapter of the Midwest Bridal Association. Members enjoyed the benefits of discounted booth prices at her show and a wealth of knowledge she provided to be the best we could be.

I will miss Glenda and will always cherish our friendship. Glenda... may you enjoy Gods peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment