I LOVE full dance floors!

Sunday, October 17, 2010 , Posted by Bandstand Music Inc at 12:55 AM

Did you know that a Mobile Wedding DJ's worst nightmare is an empty dance floor. Honestly... as a DJ, I can't think of anything worse when the dancing at a wedding begins. Recently on my Facebook page I asked my Facebook friends what song they would play to get a wedding reception dance kicked off. The responses were all over the map. For years I struggled with this. The bottom line is that if you want people to start dancing right away don't play a fast song. You've got to get em' out there with something easy and slow.
I always dedicate the first dance song of the night to the bride and groom and all the couples who have come to celebrate their special day. For years I've been doing this and it never fails to fill the dance floor. This picture is from the reception I DJed tonight and it was the first song of the evening. The song I always play is "Can't help falling in love" by Elvis. What's great about this photo is that you can see the bride and groom right in the center. They will always remember that their reception started with a full dance floor. Awesome!

Steve Bergeron
www.bandstandmusic.com
www.bandstandmusic.blogspot.com
www.weddingreceptionsecretsrevealed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment