Standing the test of time...

Sunday, October 10, 2010 , Posted by Bandstand Music Inc at 12:13 PM

I remember the first wedding reception I djed back in 1987. I was working for another company at the time and I remember proudly hanging my disco ball before the gig while at the same time grinning about how cheesy the disco ball effect was. Well twenty three years later I (along with thousands of other DJ's) still proudly hang my disco ball for every gig. This is a photo from the wedding a DJed last night. I've got a full dance floor and I'm pretty sure the reason for that is because of my shiny disco ball. I still get a kick out of how fascinated the kids are with the disco ball. It's not uncommon to see a young child just standing there staring at it.

Interesting fact: In 1991 I was driving in my truck on interstate 80 coming back from a gig at Iowa Western. After hitting a bump I looked in my rear view mirror just in time to see my disco ball go flying out of the back of my truck and proceed to follow me down the interstate. Shards of glass were flying everywhere and the disco ball eventually rolled into the ditch. I never slowed down but did say a quick prayer for my disco ball. It is probably still laying in that ditch. If you find it you can keep it. It's somewhere over by Mall of the Bluffs.

Steve Bergeron
www.bandstandmusic.com
www.bandstandmusic.blogspot.com
www.weddingreceptionsecretsrevealed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment